Saturday, September 1, 2012

Happy September!


I've never attempted to write a blog before for fear of boring the heck out of my friends and loved ones. This is no exception. I'm a failure at journaling, having tried and failed and wasted more journals than I care to admit. I need an outlet, however, to sort my jumbled thoughts and calm my weary soul. So, once again, I'm giving it a go. 

I'm a mom and a daughter, a divinity student and a diversity facilitator. I am a lover of God, his son Jesus and the blessed Holy Spirit. God has saved me so often and in so many ways through his mercy, his grace, has been my rock and salvation and love and I know God has been there much more for me than I have for God. But, my heart is steadfast. As John Wesley so eloquently wrote in his Covenant Prayer: 



I  am  no  longer  my  own,  but  thine. 
Put  me  to  what  thou  wilt,  rank  me  with  whom  thou  wilt. 
Put  me  to  doing,  put  me  to  suffering. 
Let  me  be  employed  by  thee  or  laid  aside  for  thee, 
exalted  for  thee  or  brought  low  for  thee. 
Let  me  be  full,  let  me  be  empty. 
Let  me  have  all  things,  let  me  have  nothing. 
I  freely  and  heartily  yield  all  things 
to  thy  pleasure  and  disposal. 
And  now,  O  glorious  and  blessed  God, 
Father,  Son,  and  Holy  Spirit, 
thou  art  mine,  and  I  am  thine.  So  be  it. 
And  the  covenant  which  I  have  made  on  earth, 
let  it  be  ratified  in  heaven.   Amen

So, as I grow in my faith and try to become a better me each day, I want to chronicle my path and take all of you along for the ride. 


1 comment:

Marci Smith said...

So happy to stumble upon your blog. I, too, am a Jesus girl and strive to live for Him every single day. Looking forward to reading more. Don't worry about boring anyone. As long as you are writing from your heart, we will all be blessed.
Marci xoxo
http://www.lifewithjoys.blogspot.com